[Gfoss] The 20th Anniversary of Open Source

Maurizio Napolitano napo a fbk.eu
Ven 5 Gen 2018 23:59:00 CET

Vi giro questa email che sono certo sarà di vostro interesse.
Al momento ho anche avvisato gli organizzatori di merge-it

Ciao

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Vidal <nick a opensource.net>
Date: Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 2:47 PM
Subject: The 20th Anniversary of Open Source
To: napo a fbk.eu

Hi Maurizio,

I'm Nick Vidal from the Open Source Initiative (OSI).

The “open source” label was created at a strategy session held on
February 3rd, 1998 in Palo Alto, California. That same month, the Open
Source Initiative was founded as a general educational and advocacy
organization to raise awareness and adoption for the superiority of an
open development process.

In 2018, we’ll be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Open Source.
This is a huge milestone for everyone involved with technology.
Nowadays open source is ubiquitous, recognized across industries as a
fundamental component to infrastructure, as well as a critical factor
for driving innovation.

We are organizing several activities along the year to commemorate
this special occasion, including the launch of Opensource.net and
worldwide celebrations in conjunction with major tech conferences
(FOSDEM, OSCON, Open Source Summit, FOSSAsia, Campus Party,
Linux.conf.au, etc).

I’m reaching out to you to let you know that I’m at your full disposal
to help you cover the Anniversary. Please let me know if you are
interested in a few quotes from the OSI Board of Directors or from
industry leaders.

Thanks,
Nick

--