[Gfoss] [Board] agenda points for the next board meeting August 4

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata a supsi.ch
Mar 2 Ago 2016 19:00:39 CEST

Dirk I do not have clear position on the European local chapter formation,
so I have some questions that hopefully will help me to better understand.

- Why on specific mailing list there has not been any discussion?

- Which type of governance you want to give? What is the by law of this new
association?

- Will you create European local chapter charter members? How do they pose
regarding those of OSGeo ?

- What is the role of local national chapters ?  Do you have a list of
contacted existing european chapters and their official answer or position?
Existing European chapters will be under the European one or by side as
parallel independent entities?

- what is the relationship with FOSS4G europe and the conference committee,
if any? What kind of FOSS4G this possible europen local chapter is
pursuing? High cost and 5 star ( US style ) or low costs and 3 star ( Como
style) ?

These are some of the questions i wuould need to be answered to take a
position on this proposal....

If i missed something and answers to theese questions were already
answered, please be so patiant to point me to these answers.

Best
Maxi