[Gfoss] OGRS call for short paper

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata a supsi.ch
Lun 11 Apr 2016 17:02:05 CEST

Dear All, (sorry for crossposting)
I would like to the drive your attention to the call for paper of the Open
Source Geospacial Research & Education Symposium  (OGRS2016) in Perugia,
Italy, October Wednesday 12th - Friday 14th.

As conviner of the Open Geospatial for Water session I invite you to submit
a short paper by the June 15 on the Water topic following these
instructions: http://2016.ogrs-community.org/submission-of-short-papers

Best,
Maxi

Session details:

Open Geospatial for water
*Conveners: *Massimiliano Cannata ; Iacopo Borsi
*Abstract: *Increasing the efficiency in water management is one of the key
challenges that our society is facing and that we are called to support.
Water related extreme events, like floods and droughts, are increasing in
frequency and in negative impacts due to climate changes, growing
population and economy. As a result today the water availability and
quality is a critical aspect to be secured. The Open Source for Geospatial
software can play an important role in improving the water management in
different areas of interest. In this view, it is of interest of this
session contributions about open source tools and applications in the
following topics: Surface water hydrology, Ground water hydrology, Water
supply for municipalities, Wastewater and stormwater, Flood risk management
and response, Drought monitoring and management, Water quality, Monitoring
and early warning systems, River basins Reservoir and irrigation systems
management, Hydro electrical power generation, Open hardware for collecting
water related data, Water data interoperability, Water related open data,
Education and courses in the water sector.

--
*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra