[Gfoss] QGIS 2.8.2- FirstCap in etichetta porta tutto maiuscolo

suburbanstudio a runbox.com suburbanstudio a runbox.com
Gio 24 Set 2015 21:07:48 CEST

On 24/09/2015 20:56, suburbanstudio a runbox.com wrote:
> tuttavia in alcuni casi con abbreviazione in maiuscolo, del tipo " M.
> BRIGNONE"
> la funzione rende questo risultato "M.brignone"  e non quello auspicato di
> "M.Brignone".

...la causa รจ da ricercare nella mancanza di spazio nel database
primario  tra l'abbreviazione ed il nome

/M.BRIGNONE   vs   M. BRIGNONE

POORLY FORMATTED DATA.... (si trattata del database della Regione Liguria )

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7611
Aggiornato da Borys Jurgiel oltre 2 anni fa
Maybe my example was too abstract, better one would be POI names that
are sometimes acronyms. I prefer to be forced to use the two functions
capitalize(lower(lga_name)) over having no way to preserve acronyms. Of
course the best would be to have both capitalize() and title().
But maybe it's not so important. Usually I have the luck to work on
properly prepared data, so I don't have much experience with correcting
poor data at this stage. I don't insist anymore :)
Aggiornato da Nyall Dawson oltre 2 anni fa
Lucky -- Almost all the data I work with is poorly formatted! Anyway, I
think the best resolution would be renaming Title case -> Capitalize
First Letter for now, and then ideally adding a proper "Title case"
option after 2.0. We could even make it handle fancy things like not
capitalizing "a" or "the" when they're in the middle of a string...
/