[Gfoss] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-psc] Download numbers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Gio 5 Mar 2015 07:27:33 CET

Salve.
Se qualcuno si vuol cimentare nel recupero ed analisi dei dati di download fa cosa utile e gradita. Con questi potremo calcolare il rapporto donazioni/download.
Grazie in anticipo.

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: "Jürgen E. Fischer" <jef at norbit.de>
Inviato il: 05 marzo 2015 01:38:11 CET
A: qgis-psc at lists.osgeo.org
Oggetto: Re: [Qgis-psc] Download numbers

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, 04. Mar 2015 at 19:31:03 +0200, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> AFAIK, there is an awstats.pl on the qgis.org site, e.g.
> http://www.qgis.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?month=08&year=2014&output=urldetail&config=qgis&framename=index

> But as I understand, it gives inaccurate results, as it does not count
> OSGeo4W installs, Linux and Mac OS.

I think it doesn't even count standalone downloads.  qgis.org just redirects to
the downloads of the current version to download.osgeo.org (2/3) and norbit.de
(1/3) - and redirects are not metered by awstats.pl.

But download.osgeo.org also runs awstats.pl.   Standalone and OSGeo4W stable
downloads for 12/2014:

http://upload.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?urlfilter=QGIS-OSGeo4W|qgis-2&urlfilterex=&output=urldetail&config=download.osgeo.org&year=2014&month=12&framename=mainright

awstats.pl on qgis.org should show the numbers for our debian/ubuntu packages.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode