[Gfoss] proposta per m(')appare l'altra metà del paesaggio fra Milano e Como...tra metà lulgio e metà settembre

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko a gmail.com
Mer 24 Giu 2015 17:12:47 CEST

Ciao - vi giro un messaggio di cui mi scuso per il cross-posting con chi
segue la lista OSGEO.

...diciamo che è un esercizio di "progettazione partecipata di una campagna
di mappatura partecipata", a cura di Attivarti.org in collaborazione con
alcune strutture di ricerca del centro-nord Italia.

vi ringrazio per l'attenzione e poi, se emergono soggetti interessanti, se
ne parla in modo più operativo con loro...intanto il primo messaggio è
uscito così.. ;)

un saluto!

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org
http://www.attivarti.org
info at pibinko.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Giacomelli <pibinko at gmail.com>
Date: 2015-06-24 10:00 GMT+02:00
Subject: Fwd: Outreach event, (Milano, July 29) + call to folks attending
FOSS4G Europe
To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
Cc: segreteria <segreteria at attivarti.org>

[as this is a long message, please tune on an appropriate soundtrack such
as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GnWRjoP9mQ ]

Dear all,

1) please see below, in relation to an EAANCVGI [1] project which has
already been advertized in the past on this list...

2) While the topic of the July 29 event may seem to focus more on the
thematic aspect of ecology, the team involved into its coordination is in
fact a melting pot of hard-core OSGEO stack architects, with a track record
on INSPIRE and other geomatic assets which should entice the OSGEO
Community.

3) the EXPO in Milano is characterizing itself for a bunch of events
happening also outside of the premises of the EXPO itself (the so called
"fuori EXPO"...this would be an equivalent of the "off-Broadway" concept,
if we were performers)

4) as Attivarti.org, we are considering the possibility of arranging a
"fuori EXPO" event, e.g. on July 30.

We do lots of events of this type... this would be a quasi-done deal, were
it not for the fact that around the end of the month we will be in the full
moon phase, which is not ideal to take measurements of night sky quality...
[2]

5) however....July 14-17 would be ideal (new moon days), and I understand
that there will be a pow-wow of European folks not far from
Milano...possibly Como?

of course...FOSS4G Europe!

so - here is the proposal from Attivarti.org , to anybody attending FOSS4G
Europe (or, possibly, even not attending it, but planning to be in the
Milano-Como area in mid-July)

6) Attivarti.org will make available a "buiometro" (the Sky Quality Meter)
from our sensor pool.

6.1) One of our local points of contact in Milano will deliver this in the
hands of...

7) ...one or more people interested in taking measurements of
 night sky quality (hence, light pollution) during the FOSS4G event,
sharing them on the buiometriapartecipativa.org database and letting us
know something about their experience [3]

7.1) this would not be the first time the BMP project comes to Como [4]

8) Attivarti.org (now collaborating with the Italian National Research
Council) will share the results of the night sky quality mapping campaign
from mid-July in the end-of-July event, and will use the data as a
preparation for another event which will follow in September.

Furthermore, the outcome of this "twinning scheme" will be advertised in
upcoming meetings we will have in the framework of the "Loss of the Night
Network", for which Attivarti.org is the primary point of contact in
Italy...so ....who knows, if we find interested parties, other
collaborations may flow from this pilot experience.

Thanks for your attention on a long message, and best regards

Andrea Giacomelli
Attivarti.org, President
http://www.attivarti.org
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org

[1] Empowered And Active Not Casual Volunteer Geographic Information
[2] http://www.buiometriapartecipativa.org
[3] http://www.pibinko.org/bmp2/?p=2265
[4]  http://www.pibinko.org/pib/?p=3855