[Gfoss] github e gestione geojson

Geo DrinX geodrinx a gmail.com
Gio 6 Feb 2014 09:32:19 CET

Salve,

ho chiesto a Ben Discoe, il "guru" di VTerrain.org, dettagli su github, e
ho ricevuto questa risposta:
Ben Discoe

a me

> do you know if  github is a proprietary or commercial site ?

It's owned by a commercial company, but "open".
Very much like "google code", where the VTP source is.

> How it works ?

In theory, git is fully decentralized.  In practice, it is very
convenient to have a central server, even with git.  Github is the
most popular of those central servers.

> For what reason many open source projects are migrating in github ?

Many people like git.  (I don't like git at all.)  If you do use git,
then github is a very convenient place to hold a central copy of your
repo.

Ben