[Gfoss] Validazioni poligonali.... un nuovo eseguibile e relativo plugin

Gino Pirelli luipir a gmail.com
Mer 30 Apr 2014 09:39:22 CEST

credo possano interessare queste librerie da poco pubblicate per la
validazioni poligonali...

https://github.com/tudelft-gist/prepair
https://github.com/tudelft-gist/pprepair

basate su questo lavoro: http://www.gdmc.nl/ken/files/10_msc_thesis.pdf

con relativo plugin per qgis
https://github.com/tudelft-gist/prepair-qgis

credoil plugin sia da istallare a manina perche' mi sembra non sia stato
inserito nel repository

a presto, Luigi Pirelli

**********************************
What is prepair?
prepair -- pronounce 'pee-repair' as in 'polygon repair' -- permits us to
easily repair "broken" GIS polygons, and that according to the
international standards ISO 19107 (Geographic information -- Spatial
schema). In brief, given a polygon, it automatically repairs it and returns
back a valid polygon (actually a MultiPolygon if the input represents more
than one polygon). Note that this project is only concerned with single
polygons, if you're interested in validating how different polygons
interact with each others (to be precise: to check if they form a planar
partition) have a look at our other project pprepair.

Automated repair methods can be considered as interpreting ambiguous or
ill-defined polygons and giving a coherent and clearly defined output.
Examples of errors are: polygon has a dangling edge; polygon is not closed;
polygon self-intersects; an inner ring of the polygon is located outside
the outer ring; etc.

prepair performs more or less the same as the new PostGIS 2.0's function
ST_MakeValid(), but is faster, scales better to massive polygons, and
predicting its behaviour is simple (so one can guess how her polygons will
be repaired). We have implemented two repair paradigms: an extension of the
odd-even algorithm to handle GIS polygons containing inner rings and
degeneracies; and one where we follow a set difference rule for the rings.

prepair is based on a constrained triangulation (CGAL is used) and OGR is
used to read/write WKT.

It is available under a dual license scheme: GPLv3 and commercial. If you
are interested in a commercial license, please contact Ken Arroyo Ohori.