[Gfoss] Fwd: [Qgis-user] Announcing the release of QGIS 2.0

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Ven 20 Set 2013 19:33:58 CEST

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>
Inviato il: Fri Sep 20 18:19:15 GMT+01:00 2013
A: qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>, "qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Oggetto: [Qgis-user] Announcing the release of QGIS 2.0

Quantum GIS is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System
that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows.

We are very pleased to announce the release of QGIS 2.0.1 ‘Dufour’. This
release contains new features and extends the programmatic interface over
QGIS the 1.x release series. Binary and source code packages are available
via the large download link on our home page: http://qgis.org

If there is not yet a package for your platform on the above page, please
check back regularly as packagers are still pushing out their work and they
will update the download page to reflect the new packages. Along with the
release of QGIS 2.0.1, the QGIS Community Team is hard at work on an
updated QGIS Users’ Guide version 2.0.1. The guide will be available in the
near future - we will post announcements when it is available.

We are also pleased to announce our new web site is now available at
http://qgis.org - and we thank Boundless (http://boundlessgeo.com/) for
sponsoring web developer time to make the new web site look beautiful, and
our web team for the awesome job they have done.

A word of thanks to our contributors, donors and sponsors

QGIS is a largely volunteer driven project, and is the work of a dedicated
team of developers, documenters and supporters. We extend our thanks and
gratitude for the many, many hours people have contributed to make this
release happen. Many companies and organisations contribute back
improvements to QGIS when they use it as their platform, and we are
grateful for this and encourage others to do the same! We would also like
to thank our sponsors and donors for helping to promote our work through
their financial contributions. Our current sponsors are (QGIS Sponsorship
is valid for one year):

Gold Sponsor:
Asia Air Survey http://www.asiaairsurvey.com/

Silver Sponsor:
State of Vorarlberg (http://www.vorarlberg.at)

Bronze Sponsors:
FOSSGIS.DE (http://www.fossgis.de/) and
Kanton Solothurn  (http://www.agi.so.ch/)

A special thanks also to the QGIS User Group Switzerland for co-funding bug
fixing activities in the lead up to the release!

A current list of donors who have made contributions large and small to the
project can be seen here:

http://qgis.org/html/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#donation

If you would like to make a donation or sponsor our project, please visit *
http://qgis.org/html/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#sponsorship* . QGIS is
Free software and you are under no obligation to do so. Sponsoring QGIS
helps us to fund our six monthly developer meetings, maintain project
infrastructure and fund bug fixing efforts

Visual tour of the new release:
--------------------------------------

You can find a list of highlighted changes and new features listed on the
detailed release announcement available here:

*
http://qgis.org/html/en/docs/user_manual/preamble/whats_new.html?highlight=whats%20new
*

Give us your feedback:
------------------------------

We welcome your feedback - please visit our issue tracker if you encounter
an issue with the new release:

http://hub.qgis.org/

Please consult the existing issues there before lodging any new ones.

Happy QGIS’ing!

Regards,

The QGIS Team!

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net