[Gfoss] Fwd: Your OGC vote on the GeoServices REST API is important

Piergiorgio Cipriano pg.cipriano a gmail.com
Mar 7 Maggio 2013 10:44:42 CEST

p.c.
Interessante lettera anti-GeoServices API da parte di quattro aziende
membri OGC.
(*So, if you are like us, strong supporters of OGC’s stated goal of
interoperability, the liberalisation of spatial data in ways that provide
equal opportunities for all industry participants, small and large
including the public, then you should register your NO vote today **at the
OGC site*)

pg

______________________________
Piergiorgio Cipriano

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Lutz <michael.lutz a jrc.ec.europa.eu>
Date: 2013/5/7
Subject: Fwd: Your OGC vote on the GeoServices REST API is important
To: h06 a jrc.ec.europa.eu

 FYI

Another letter lobbying OGC members to vote NO on the OGC GeoServices REST
API, signed by CubeWerx Inc., Galdos Systems Inc., Cadcorp Ltd., LISAsoft
and Compusult Limited.

Michael

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: Your OGC vote on the
GeoServices REST API is important  Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 23:52:43 -0400  From:
ekeighan <ekeighan a cubewerx.com> <ekeighan a cubewerx.com>  Reply-To:
ekeighan a cubewerx.com  Organisation: CubeWerx Inc.  CC: Ron Lake
<rlake a galdosinc.com> <rlake a galdosinc.com>, Martin Daly
<Martin.Daly a cadcorp.com> <Martin.Daly a cadcorp.com>, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter a gmail.com> <cameron.shorter a gmail.com>, Barry O'Rourke
<barry a compusult.net> <barry a compusult.net>

Dear OGC TC member,

The future of OGC is at risk!
Please exercise your vote on the GeoServices REST API as soon as the
vote resumes.
The vote has been suspended by OGC pending comments by the SWG because
of  two additional NO votes.
A small opposition group is also forming and we invite you to read the
attached letter signed by few OGC leaders prior to casting your vote.

Note: If you want to support our OGC Interoperability movement please
respond to this email and we will communicate with you.

Regards,

Edric Keighan
President & CEO
CubeWerx Inc.