[Gfoss] Fwd: Gracias desde la Fundación Wikimedia

LEONARDO ALBERTO INOCENTE COTRINA sistema378 a gmail.com
Ven 8 Mar 2013 13:18:21 CET

HOLA

"UN GRANO DE ARENA".
"UN GRANELLO DI SABBIA".
"A GRAIN OF SAND".

SALUDOS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sue Gardner <donate a wikimedia.org>
Date: 2013/3/8
Subject: Gracias desde la Fundación Wikimedia
To: LEONARDO ALBERTO INOCENTE COTRINA <sistema378 a gmail.com>

Dear LEONARDO ALBERTO,

Thank you for donating to the Wikimedia Foundation. You are wonderful!

It's easy to ignore our fundraising banners, and I'm really glad you
didn't. This is how Wikipedia pays its bills --- people like you giving us
money, so we can keep the site freely available for everyone around the
world.

People tell me they donate to Wikipedia because they find it useful, and
they trust it because even though it's not perfect, they know it's written
for them. Wikipedia isn't meant to advance somebody's PR agenda or push a
particular ideology, or to persuade you to believe something that's not
true. We aim to tell the truth, and we can do that because of you. The fact
that you fund the site keeps us independent and able to deliver what you
need and want from Wikipedia. Exactly as it should be.

You should know: your donation isn't just covering your own costs. The
average donor is paying for his or her own use of Wikipedia, plus the costs
of hundreds of other people. Your donation keeps Wikipedia available for an
ambitious kid in Bangalore who's teaching herself computer programming. A
middle-aged homemaker in Vienna who's just been diagnosed with Parkinson's
disease. A novelist researching 1850s Britain. A 10-year-old in San
Salvador who's just discovered Carl Sagan.

On behalf of those people, and the half-billion other readers of Wikipedia
and its sister sites and projects, I thank you for joining us in our effort
to make the sum of all human knowledge available for everyone. Your
donation makes the world a better place. Thank you.

Most people don't know Wikipedia's run by a non-profit. Please consider
sharing this e-mail with a few of your friends to encourage them to donate
too. And if you're interested, you should try adding some new information
to Wikipedia. If you see a typo or other small mistake, please fix it, and
if you find something missing, please add it. There are resources that can
help you get started<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Wikipedia:Introduction&type=signup&campaign=fr12a>.
Don't worry about making a mistake: that's normal when people first start
editing and if it happens, other Wikipedians will be happy to fix it for
you.

I appreciate your trust in us, and I promise you we'll use your money well.

Thanks,
Sue

Sue Gardner
Executive Director,
Wikimedia Foundation
https://donate.wikimedia.org

For your records: Your donation on 2013-03-08 was EUR 20.00.

You can follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/Wikipedia>,
identi.ca<http://identi.ca/wikipedia>or
Google+ <https://plus.google.com/+Wikipedia/posts>, like us on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/wikipedia>and read our
blog <http://blog.wikimedia.org/>. Here is the Wikimedia Foundation annual
report for 2010-11 <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Annual_Report>,
the Wikimedia Foundation annual plan for
2012-13<http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/4/4f/2012-13_Wikimedia_Foundation_Plan_FINAL_FOR_WEBSITE.pdf>and
the Wikimedia
Foundation's five-year strategic
plan<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Movement_Strategic_Plan_Summary>.
You can also now buy Wikipedia merchandise at shop.wikimedia.org.

This letter may serve as a record of your donation. No goods or services
were provided, in whole or in part, for this contribution. The Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit charitable corporation with 501(c)(3) tax
exempt status in the United States. Our address is 149 New Montgomery, 3rd
Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94105. U.S. tax-exempt number: 20-0049703

*Opt out option:*

We'd like to keep you as a donor informed of our community activities and
fundraisers. If you prefer however not to receive such emails from us,
please click below and we'll take you off the list: