[Gfoss] R: Digest di Gfoss, Volume 97, Numero 42

agatalotauro a libero.it agatalotauro a libero.it
Mer 17 Lug 2013 14:00:57 CEST

Please read below
"in bocca a lupo"
Agata

You have a background in programming and really care about open data, e-
governance, policy issues and tools that allow the public to hold governments
accountable? You want to live in a really cool place with friendly and
interesting people, amazing landscapes, good food and delicious wine, mind-
blowing culture and history, that is super safe, offers a good standard of
living but is also off the beaten track? While working on stuff that is
interesting and makes a difference? So come work with us at Transparency
International (TI) Georgia (the one near Azerbaijan and Armenia not the one
near Alabama).

About us
We are part of the global Transparency International anti-corruption movement.
Our efforts are focused on promoting good governance and accountability in
Georgia. We are looking for a (Senior) Digital Projects Officer to coordinate
and improve TI Georgia’s technology usage, and to enhance TI Georgia’s open-
government and open-data advocacy efforts.

TI Georgia’s current technology projects include

A Georgian adaptation of the FixMyStreet concept, through which residents of
Tbilisi have already reported more than 2,500 problems on their streets, and
many have of them have been fixed. We are currently relaunching the site and
are expanding to other cities.
Various types of data scraping, including
Tendermonitor.ge, a website that allows the public to search and analyze all
government contracting;
The development and maintenance of a fully searchable copy of the company
registry;
Asset and income declarations of Georgian politicians and public officials.
MyParliament.ge, a site allowing people to learn more about their MPs, ask
them questions and comment on draft laws that also comes with SMS alerts on
legislative updates in the parliament.

TI Georgia works to solidify and expand on Georgia’s significant anti-
corruption successes, we are at the forefront of using technology to promote
enhanced governmental transparency and accountability, both in Georgia and
among anti-corruption and good governance organizations worldwide.

TI Georgia is a think-and-do-tank that works on a broad range of good
governance and human rights issues, including media freedom, elections and
party financing, judicial independence, legal aid, corruption investigations,
state capture, procurement and the protection of peoples’ property rights. We
do in-depth research reports, blogs, some investigative work, advocacy, free
legal consultations and tech projects. We contribute to and monitor ongoing
democratic reforms and collaborate with the Georgian Government on open
government issues within the context of Georgia’s Open Government Partnership
Action Plan. All work TI Georgia does is bi-lingual – Georgian and English, no
Georgian or Russian skills are required.

Georgia is a vibrant and rapidly changing country in the South Caucasus. Since
the Rose Revolution of 2003, the country has seen successful reforms against
corruption and economic development. In October 2012, Georgia saw its first
democratic change of power which was hailed as a new model for the post-Soviet
region.

Responsibilities:
Work with all TI Georgia staff members to improve organizational technology
usage in all appropriate areas of TI Georgia’s work.
Lead a small team of internal and external developers in designing and
implementing innovative software solutions to meet the organization’s needs.
Plan and execute TI Georgia’s open-data and open-government advocacy efforts,
both within Georgia and as part of the broader TI movement.
Seek out and discover cutting-edge technologies which can help TI Georgia
perform its work better or faster, or can enhance the organization’s outreach
capabilities.

Qualifications for successful candidates:
Have a demonstrated passion for using technology to address governance and
democracy issues.
Have education or significant experience working with web technologies.
Have education or significant experience with law, public policy, or political
science.
Enjoy learning new technology tools, and be able to do so rapidly and
independently.
Strong command of written and spoken English.
The willingness and desire to relocate for a minimum of one to two years to
Georgia.
Experience in managing and implementing web-projects.
The ability and interest to work in a multicultural environment.

Application requirements:
Submit the following to jobs a transparency.ge with the subject line “Digital
Projects Officer application”:
A one-page statement of interest and relevant experience, in English
Your resume (please highlight all programming language you are familiar with)

The deadline for application is August 4rd, 2013. However, applications will
be evaluated on a rolling basis, so apply early!

To learn more about TI Georgia and the work we do, please visit http:
//transparency.ge/en.

TI Georgia is an equal opportunities employer. Georgia has a visa free regime
that allows citizens of the US, the EU and many other countries to work and
live here without any permits required. Yes, no visa. As we said, it’s a cool
country.

2013_ROOM-3_16.00%20-%2017.30_69-Anders%20Ryden_Anders-Ryden.pdf

>[2]
>http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/events/conferences/inspire_2013/pdfs/27-06-
2013_ROOM-3_09.00%20-%2010.30_166-Marcin%20Grudzien_Marcin-Grudzien.pdf

> [...]
>> >sì che questo palese erore materiale sia recepito e corretto in tutti i
>> >dataset?
>> >
>> >torniamo ad inspire e al principio del dataset di riferimento che deve
>> >essere mantenuto nel posto più appropriato: dunque in capo al comune?
>> >
>> >bohhhh...
>> >

>> >--
>> >Questa e' una lista di discussione pubblica aperta a tutti.
>> >I messaggi di questa lista non hanno relazione diretta con le posizioni
>> dell'Associazione GFOSS.it.
>> >657 iscritti al 30.5.2013
>> Questa e' una lista di discussione pubblica aperta a tutti.
>> I messaggi di questa lista non hanno relazione diretta con le posizioni
>> dell'Associazione GFOSS.it.
>> 657 iscritti al 30.5.2013
>>
>-------------- parte successiva --------------
>Un allegato HTML ? stato rimosso...
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 6
>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:12:19 +0200
>From: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla a gmail.com>
>To: GFOSS.it ml <gfoss a lists.gfoss.it>
>Subject: [Gfoss] Fw: From the current GRASS GIS Community Sprint in
>	Prague - 16th July
>
>Aggiornamento da Praga!
>
>Saluti :)
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:09:27 +0200
>From: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla a gmail.com>
>To: grass-dev a lists.osgeo.org
>Subject: From the current GRASS GIS Community Sprint in Prague - 16th
>July
>

>Hello all from Prague!
>
>The sprint is progressing well, with another productive day!
>Special thanks to Martin and MarkusN for the smooth organisation :)
>
>The full list of what we did can be found here:
>http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:GRASS_Community_Sprint_Prague_2013
>
>Since last report, these are new joint activities:
>- Presentation on vector conflation - TF with discussion
>- Discussion on GRASS Toolboxes customisation - AP, VP
>- Discussion on new v.kriging module and v.nna - ES, MN, SG
>- GRASS wiki image processing update - MM, MN, YC
>
>.. and individual efforts:
>- Draft Doxygen'iation of the CDHC library for testing normality &
>exponentiality
>- r.stream.* modules: clean up before moving from addons to trunk
>- standardizing options for v.db.* and db.* modules, updating
>respective manuals
>- Discussion and implementation of the new temporal module
>t.rast.accumulate and the use of a modified version of r.gdd
>(MM) instead of r.mapcalc
>- Writing and updating of temporal modules documentation
>- Bundle Block Adjustment files with Yann
>- Implementing functions for if-statements in the temporal algebra
>- GUI translation to Polish
>- experiment: compile wxPython with wxGTK3/Broadway (HTML5) backend,
>see discussion
>- v.kriging development (new C module) and discussion on existing
>implementations, testing
>- vector conflation - module development

org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Prague_2013#Thanks_to_our_sponsors