[Gfoss] Invitation to FOSS4G-CEE 2013

Vasile Craciunescu vasile a geo-spatial.org
Mar 9 Apr 2013 13:37:05 CEST

Dear members of the GFOSS.it community,

As some of you may have already heard, FOSS4G-CEE will have a second
edition, organised by geo-spatial.org in collaboration with OSGeo
Romanian Local Chapter and with the support of many Romanian and
European partners [1]. The event will take place on the 16-20th of June,
in Bucharest, Romania.

The preparations are fervently ongoing, but many important steps have
already been made. The opportunities to be actively involved in the
conference are many and various. The call for papers and workshops is
open, please check the list of main topics [2]. We are also putting
together two more adjacent events, chances to socialize, talk smart and
code: an open geodata hackathon [3] and a code sprint day [4], both on
Thursday, the 20th of June, and both placed in great locations in Bucharest.

To show off a little bit, we are happy to say that we have great keynote
speakers (Jeff McKenna, Paul C. Smits, Jáchym Čepický - list is not yet
closed), managed to keep the ticket prices really low (free for students
in early bird registration), have the event in a great, intriguing town
with wonderful locations and with... really cheap and good beer.

For more details, feel free to check [5].

Warm regards,
Vasile

[1] http://2013.foss4g-cee.org/blog/partners-announcement
[2] http://2013.foss4g-cee.org/call/call