[Gfoss] qgis - uso dei memory layer

stefano campus stefano.campus a regione.piemonte.it
Mar 11 Set 2012 03:47:34 CEST

From: stefano.campus a regione.piemonte.it [stefano.campus a regione.piemonte.it]
Sent: 11 September 2012 07:24
To: Chris Crook
Subject: MemoryLayerSaver plugin?

hi chris,
i'd like to use your plugin to have in my project just one original shape
file and many copies of that in order to make analysis and layout within a
subset of it.
what i see is:
1) when a memory layer is created is not possible to make a selection of
subset by means of "query builder" in layer properties-->general tab
2) when i save the project and re open, memory layer is in the toc but it
doesn't have any features.

is it right or i'm doing some errors?

thank you in advance

s.

________________________________
FROM Chris Crook

Hi Stefano

1) The memory layer provider doesn't have support the query builder - this
is just the way it is coded.  I guess you could make a feature request for
that to be added to QGIS

2) By default QGis doesn't retain the contents of memory layers when the
project is closed - as you see it keeps the definition of the layer in the
table of contents, but loses the data.  This is not an error on your part,
it is just the design of the memory layer.  This is what the
MemoryLayerSaver plugin is for ... once it is installed it should save the
contents any memory layers...

Cheers
Chris