[Gfoss] Making geospatial PDF maps from OSM with GDAL

Maurizio Napolitano napo a fbk.eu
Mar 20 Nov 2012 10:53:14 CET

On 18/11/2012 12:06, Maurizio Napolitano wrote:
> Segnalo questo HOWTO che fa uso di gdal 1.10 con le nuove funzionalita'
> di creazione di geopdf e di gestione dei dati di openstreetmap
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf

Ho appena letto una email dell'autore del tutorial molto interessante in
merito alla parola "geopdf"

---------
Hi,

Please notice that my tutorial is about geospatial PDF, the name GeoPDF
is a registered trade mark of TerraGO. GDAL can write also that variant
of geospatial PDF if option -co GEO_ENCODING=OGC_BP is used, but even
then it is not GeoPDF(tm).

About ORG feature styling, it is a mechanism for doing per feature
styling which would be awfully complicated with SLD so I think that is
has also the right for living.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
---------