[Gfoss] Fwd: Re: [postgis-users] Question on datum names

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Mer 30 Maggio 2012 08:01:42 CEST

Salve.
Sempre a proposito di CRS e datum, segnalo questo interessante thread.
Comments welcome.
Saluti.

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: Re: [postgis-users] Question on datum names
Data: Wed, 30 May 2012 00:47:43 +0200
Mittente: Peter Baumann <p.baumann at jacobs-university.de>
Rispondi-a: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
Organizzazione: Jacobs University Bremen
A: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

Peter-

in OGC (www.opengeospatial.org) we are just about to establish a standard for
such conventions in a machine-readable way. This is a so-called "CRS Name Type
Specification" defines URLs as identifiers for CRSs and CRS axes for now. More
ingredients, such as datums, probably will follow in future. This standard will
allow for a uniform, interoperable addressing scheme.

If you are interested I can post some preliminary information. The candidate OGC
CRS resolver, SECORE, is in beta accessible at http://www.earthlook.org/ ->
demos -> CRS resolver. It is Open Source as part of the array analytics server,
rasdaman (www.rasdaman.org).

cheers,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis
dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec
preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)