[Gfoss] Fwd: Re: [Board] Fwd: [Foss4g2012] Meeting summary of FOSS4G 2012 meeting (3rd, July)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Lun 9 Lug 2012 19:26:59 CEST

A quanto pare, il FOSS4G e' ufficialmente fallito.
Saluti.

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	Re: [Board] Fwd: [Foss4g2012] Meeting summary of FOSS4G 2012 meeting (3rd,
July)
Data: 	Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:54:28 -0600
Mittente: 	Peter Batty <peter at ebatty.com>
A: 	Paul Ramsey <pramsey at opengeo.org>
CC: 	board at lists.osgeo.org

I agree. It's a shame, but we need to face the facts and not have people booking
plane tickets etc.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at opengeo.org
<mailto:pramsey at opengeo.org>> wrote:

    Honestly, it's Not Happening. They have no organizer, it's two months
    to go time, there's no program, it's just no longer possible for them
    to put on an international FOSS4G-style event. Even a regional event
    would be a massive stretch. At this point WhereCamp Beijing seems like
    a more achievable goal.

    Unfortunately I know of people who put in FOSS4G Beijing as their
    conference request to their employers many months ago, they'll be
    disappointed. However, as Jeroen points out, it can get worse: they
    can book airline tickets and go to Beijing and find no event there.

    Clearly state: it's not going to happen.

    P.

    On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com