[Gfoss] Fwd: INSPIRE Conference 2013 call for contributions

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Gio 20 Dic 2012 15:18:24 CET

Salve.
Riusciamo ad organizzare una partecipazione strutturata dei GFOSSers a questo
incontro? Proposte? Chi e' gia' certo di partecipare?
Saluti, e grazie.

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	INSPIRE Conference 2013 call for contributions
Data: 	Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:14:36 +0100 (CET)
Mittente: 	inspire-info at jrc.ec.europa.eu
A: 	cavallini at faunalia.it

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce the call for contributions for the INSPIRE Conference 2013.

The INSPIRE Conference 2013 will take place from  Sunday 23rd – Thursday 27th June
2013 in Florence, Italy.  The theme of this year's edition is "The Green Renaissance".

As much as the Renaissance movement profoundly affected European intellectual life,
its influence felt in art, literature, politics, science, religion, etc., so is the
INSPIRE Directive 2007/2 influencing the way in which information for managing our
planet can be shared and served.  Alike the Renaissance movement, INSPIRE is slowly,
but steadily spreading over Europe and beyond, with on the way, its principles being
debated and implemented. The aim of this year's INSPIRE Conference is therefore to
take stock of this progress, to further exchange views and experiences on how INSPIRE
is meeting past and emerging challenges and needs, to identify new opportunities and
to finally, reflect collectively on how INSPIRE can further evolve to maximise its
benefits for society. We invite paper and poster proposals on all aspects of INSPIRE
and presentations that reflect the three pillars of the conference Showcase on
Environment, Capacities and Networking.

The full list of topics is available on the Conference website:
http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/events/conferences/inspire_2013/

We take this opportunity to inform you that the JRC data specifications team and the
Thematic Working Groups are working hard on finalising version 3.0rc3 (release
candidate 3) of the INSPIRE data specifications for the Annex II+III data themes.
This version will be consistent with the draft amendment of the Implementing Rules
for interoperability of spatial data sets and services that are currently being
translated. The corresponding data models and xml schemas have already been published
(see http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/data-models), and the guidelines will follow early
next year, as they become available. Check the data specifications section of the
INSPIRE web site (http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/index.cfm/pageid/2) for the latest
documents.

View Tweets and links from the INSPIRE team that relate to thelatest news around INSPIRE:
http://storify.com/INSPIRE_EU/what-inspire-ing-us/

Finally, we would like to thank all of you for your continued support for the INSPIRE
endeavor. The EC INSPIRE Team wishes you a Merry Christmas and a successful 2013.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Florence!

Best regards,
The INSPIRE team