[Gfoss] Fwd: OpenStreetMap Contributor Terms

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Sab 4 Giu 2011 09:19:18 CEST

Salve.
A me questa non piace per niente:
- non spiega quali sono i veri cambiamenti della licenza
- dice "fatelo anche voi, l'hanno gia' fatto tutti" (la famosa argomentazione
"mangiate cacca, milioni di mosche non possono sbagliare).
Sono l'unico a pensarla cosi'?
Saluti.

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	OpenStreetMap Contributor Terms
Data: 	Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:03:46 +0100
Mittente: 	Steve Coast <steve at osmfoundation.org>
A: 	cavallini at faunalia.it

Other language translations may be found in the OpenStreetMap wiki
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations>
Deutsch <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations> •
English <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations> •
Français <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations> •
Hrvatski <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hr:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations> •
Italiano <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IT:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations> •
Nederlands <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NL:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations>
• Русский <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RU:ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations>

Hi,

Thank you for contributing to the OpenStreetMap project in the past. We are writing
to ask you to login into your account at http://openstreetmap.org/user/terms
<http://openstreetmap.org/login?username=pcav> and accept a new set of contributor terms.

Why are we asking this?

We need to ask you to explicitly grant permission for us to continue using your
existing contributions under the upgraded license and terms.

The new OpenStreetMap data license and contributor terms is a big improvement for the
OpenStreetMap project and will encourage greater use of our data. The new Attribution
and Share Alike license, ODbL, is written specifically for databases and applies
better and more evenly to data in all legal jurisdictions around the world.

Over 145,200 contributors have already accepted the new terms and we hope you will too.

Visit http://openstreetmap.org/user/terms
<http://openstreetmap.org/login?username=pcav> to read and accept the new terms.

You can read more about the change on the OpenStreetMap foundation site
<http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/We_Are_Changing_The_License> in English
and several other languages.

Best regards,

Steve Coast