[Gfoss] review dei GIS

Margherita Di Leo diregola a gmail.com
Ven 24 Dic 2010 12:36:31 CET

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:32:52 +0100
> From: andrea giacomelli <pibinko a gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Gfoss] review dei GIS
> To: gfoss a lists.gfoss.it

> ok. e OSGEO che ne pensa ? loro hanno valutato la cosa ?
>
> avere tante mail sicuramente serve, così come avere mail da soggetti
> "istituzionali" non fa male in questi casi.
>
> p.s. qual è l'indirizzo a cui scrivere ?

Ciao Andrea e tutti,

l'indirizzo e` editor a amerisurv.com
Anche io ho scritto per protestare e la risposta e` talmente comica che
vorrei condividerla con voi (notate come supportano il software libero):

>Hi Margherita,

>Wow! I had no idea Rj's article would generate such response. You're the
fourth person to complain (and the second from Italia). Here's the deal:

>Looking at the bigger picture, we have a surveying magazine. The author was
trying to help surveyors who want to get into GIS without spending a lot of
time or >money. Our readership is mostly comprised of surveyors, not GIS
professionals who thrive on figuring complex software out.

>He "picked" DIVA-GIS over ArcGIS Explorer, but we haven’t had any
complaints from Esri, probably because they realize that the author is only
expressing an >opinion, not something that will cause people to adopt or not
adopt particular software.

>I'm sorry if we have insulted your favorite software, but again, we're a
surveying magazine, not a GIS magazine, and the bulk of our readers are not
GIS >professionals.

>And I'm shocked that there is so much interest in our magazine in Italia!
>Marc Cheves, LS
>Editor
>The American Surveyor

>P.S. We are big users and supporters of open-source software. Our websites
are driven by Joomla.

Ciao

-Margherita