[Gfoss] Fwd: [gdal-dev] 1.6-esri to Trunk Merge

Markus Neteler neteler a osgeo.org
Gio 28 Maggio 2009 09:19:14 CEST

Ciao:

in fondo un messaggio interessante - ESRI che investe
visibilmente in GDAL per un nuovo release di Arc*.

ciao
Markus

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam a pobox.com>
Date: Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:40 AM
Subject: [gdal-dev] 1.6-esri to Trunk Merge
To: gdal-dev <gdal-dev a lists.osgeo.org>

Folks,

I have created a personal branch of GDAL 1.6 in /sandbox/warmerdam/1.6-esri
which includes a large variety of ESRI local changes and that I plan to back
port various 1.7 features needed by ESRI for an upcoming release.

I have attempted to review the ESRI local changes - primarily represented by
a large changset (r17058) - and forward port appropriate ones in small
chunks with descriptions into trunk in the last week or so.  I prepared a
brief report on the activity for those who are interested.

 http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/2009_ESRI_Merge

I'm hoping to continue working on the items labelled Deferred, at some point,
likely in cooperation with ESRI staff.

This email is just a heads-up on recent activity, and to give anyone
interested a pointer to the report on the work.

Best regards,