[Gfoss] Semplice desktop GIS per sola visualizzazione

luca_manganelli a comune.trento.it luca_manganelli a comune.trento.it
Mer 18 Mar 2009 08:42:03 CET

Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> scritti il 18/03/2009 08.29.16

> La scelta migliore IMHO e' costruire un'applicazione minimale a partire
> dalle librerie di qgis, con solo i comandi che servono. C'e' un esempio
> di come farne una, sul blog di qgis, mi pare.

Avevo valutato QGIS, perņ ho scoperto che le ultime release (da OSGEO4W)
sotto windows visualizzano *lentamente* gli ECW. Ho aperto un bug report,
dietro suggerimento di un sviluppatore:

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1574

egli asserisce quanto segue:

The ECW driver does not report having any specific overview levels
and this defeats certain optimizations in the statistics computation.
I believe this has a bad effect when an ecw layer is first added to
qgis but browsing after that should be fast.

The fix is to make the histogram computing logic smarter
(I'm not positive if QGIS is using it's own or GDAL's logic)
so that for formats like ECW with "arbitrary overviews" a
small overview sample of data will be fetched for statistics.

I believe this issue is the same in all modern QGIS+GDAL
builds, not just specifically in OSGeo4W or windows.