[Gfoss] [Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] Looking for new Manual Team Lead and Contributors!!]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Dom 19 Apr 2009 09:30:11 CEST

Salve.
Una opportunita' interessante per imparare molto su QGIS e sul lavoro
collaborativo. Chi e' interessato si faccia avanti.
Salutoni.

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: [Qgis-community-team] Looking for new Manual Team Lead and
Contributors!!
Data: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:49:02 +0200
Da: Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de>
A: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
CC: qgis-community-team at lists.osgeo.org, qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org

Dear QGIS users,

the QGIS project is looking for a new Manual Team Lead and new
contributors. We
need help to organize, update, and revise the english "User Guide" and
"Compilation and Coding Guide" to be able to follow the upcoming new QGIS
releases.

As Manual Team Lead you would assist me to organize and take care of the
english
documentation process. The job is not very difficult, but you would need to
regularly invest some time, of course.

As Manual contributor you would be responsible for certain chapters of
the two
manuals. We plan to keep the workload as low as possible. At the moment
we are
looking for about 10 people to spread the ~ 250 pages evenly between
contributors. QGIS is going to release new versions (1.1, 1.2, etc)
every two
months. This means there will be little but steady contributions
necessary.

As Manual Team Lead and/or Contributor you would learn a lot about
teamwork and
extend your knowledge about tools like subversion, latex, wiki, irc and many
more.

We all know that time is a limiting factor, but if many people offer to
spend a
little time, it won't be a burden for anybody. So as always - any
contribution
you have to make will be greately appreciated ;).

Please contact me, if you are willing to invest some time to help us
with the
english documentation as Manual Team Lead or Contributor.

Please note: We are currently migrating the qgis wiki to the OSGeo
server and to
mediawiki, that's why you will find more information about the new Manual
Writing process page already here:
http://qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Writing

kind regards,
 Otto