[Gfoss] [Fwd: GPSMan 6.4 now available]
cavallini a faunalia.it
Mer 29 Ott 2008 14:45:18 CET
-------- Messaggio Originale --------
This is to announce version 6.4 of GPSMan, available from
At this moment only the basic archives are available and links to the
Debian, RPM and FreeBSD packages will be added when possible.
This release fixes some bugs in the previous one and includes
the changes in the list below.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to all those who contributed
code, or helped with tests, bug reports and suggestions.
Changes since 6.3.2:
- support for the Russian language, kindly contributed by Nikolai
- new option for default on displaying items on map when reading a
file; asked by Valčre Robin.
- changes in the edit/show windows for routes, tracks and
polylines: new way of selecting points, affecting the way some edit
operations work, and new Split operation that creates new
items of the same type by cutting the original item at certain
points; in answer to suggestions by Zvi Grauer.
- side-view elevation graphs now answer to Control-key and
mouse left-button showing the number of the nearest point, its
altitude and cumulative distance or time; contributed by Benoit
Steiner. There is a new button for displaying/hiding vertical
grid lines; asked by Rudolf Martin. Distances in the horizontal
axis are now shown and gaps between segments are displayed as
- new values in computation of track parameters:
- cummulative ascent (height of climbing); contributed by Benoit
- cummulative descent, maximum and minimum altitudes; asked by
- total distance and time not considering gaps between segments.
- the average speed is now computed not considering gaps between
Altitude related parameters only shown if there is altitude
information, and total distance and time not considering gaps only
shown if different from totals including gaps.
- enhanced support for the least squares fit geo-referencing
method that can now be used with the affine, affine conformal and
affine conformal with no rotation transformations, and produce
information on the deviations of control points after a least
squares fit; with the kind assistance of J. B. Mehl who provided the
formulas and helped with tests.
- support for the EOV (Hungarian National) projection and grid,
kindly contributed by Sándor Laky; asked by Attila Berenyi with
thanks for his help.
- the time offset (defining a time zone) in GPSMan files is now
taken into account when loading them; this may affect waypoint
creation dates, track points time-stamps and lap start times; in
answer to a question by Stephen Berryman.
- data items can now be opened from the \verb-Data- sub-menus and
the list menus.
- a single type of items (apart from Group) must be chosen
when putting to or getting from the receiver; this is avoids
synchronization problems that may occur if the connection is
- the "translate" command accepts parameters for overrriding
the time offsets in GPSMan files.
- the "geopicts" command can now use EXIF files (as produced,
for instance, by "exif" or "metacam") instead of picture
files, and can deal with different time-zones for track and pictures
- importation and exportation of KML format; contributed by Valčre
Robin, asked by Zvi Grauer.
- better support for GPX files, concerning the treatment of
waypoint names and of character encoding.
- importation of OziExplorer waypoint files.
- examples of some commands in the section about the command-line
mode in the user manual.
- Garmin support:
- when getting waypoints not defined by the user from the
receiver, those with the same name but different positions will be
renamed instead of overwritten;
- experimental support for changing the baud rate of a serial
communication with some receivers. GPSMan now uses the option for
the default baud rate in a different way. With thanks to Andy
Walls who found out a specification of the corresponding protocol,
and to Klaus Ethgen for his help with tests;
- explicit support for some new receivers; with thanks to all
those who sent protocol lists: Wouter Amsterdam, Facundo Ariel
Perez, David W. Capella, Hiroshi Iwamoto, András
Veres-Szentkirályi, Steven Winikoff, Stefan Heller, Greg McQuat,
Andy Walls, Jeff Hanson, Gerry Creager, Paul B. Hoch, Johann
Spies, Bruce Dawson, Bogdan Hlevca, Ralf Kleineisel, David
Antliff, Slaven Rezic, Matthias Wenzel, Lovro Palaversa, Adrian
Lawrence, Oliver Hegner, David P. Brown, M. Gutman, Jean-Yves
Sage, Damien Porquet, Vincent Arkesteijn, Patrice Arnal, Zvi
Grauer, James B. Mehl.
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *
Maggiori informazioni sulla lista