[Gfoss] WinGRASS: Test Build on Vista

marco.pasetti a alice.it marco.pasetti a alice.it
Mar 17 Giu 2008 10:15:52 CEST

Buongiorno a tutti,

inoltro anche a GFOSS.it il messaggio inviato ieri alle liste di GRASS. Non traduco dall'inglese perchè ritengo che non sia necessario, ormai tutti siamo diventati *professionalmente anglofoni*...
Vi ringrazio anticipatamente per la collaborazione. Buon testing :-)

Hi lists,

I built GRASS 6.3.0 on Vista (Home Premium) through the usual MSYS/MinGW envrironment.
It works fine on my machine, and it seems that it solved the following bugs:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/111
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/118

But I need more tests, from both XP and Vista users;
I specially need to know if that build works fine also on XP systems, because at the moment I cannot access my old XP machine to test it by myself.

In this binary release candidate (the 4th for GRASS 6.3.0) I introduced the following changes:

- added libjpeg (6b) library [built from source]
- added JPEG support in libtiff
- added JPEG support in GRASS
- updated libpng from 1.2.24 to 1.2.29
- updated GLS from 1.9 to 1.11
- updated PostgreSQL from 8.2.6 to 8.3.1
- updated SQLite from 3.5.6 to 3.5.9
- added the OGDI tools (3.2.0beta1-4) [prebuilt binaries from OSGEO4W Project]
- updated GDAL from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
- added the AVCE00 tools (2.0.0) [built from source]
- added the E00compr tools (1.0.0) [built from source]
- added the GPSBabel tools (1.3.5) [prebuilt binaries from GPSBabel Web Site]
- updated tcl from 8.5.1 to 8.5.2
- updated tk from 8.5.1 to 8.5.2

I also tried to add the FFMPEG and wxWidgets supports to GRASS, but I failed for the moment; I'll try to do that next times :-)

The WinGRASS-6.3.0-4 Test Installer is available here:
http://gigamaildownload.rossoalice.alice.it/download/download.aspx?AttachmentID=f7bb562d-e5a5-4798-becd-6538000a0dc2&MessageID=f617242a-074b-4298-be4b-82ef221920ea

Any comment or test help will be highly appreciated.
Many thaks guys,

Marco