[Gfoss] [Fwd: [Qgis-user] Python Geprocessing Plugin]

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande a gmail.com
Dom 17 Feb 2008 11:34:12 CET

Nuovo interessantissimo plugin per Qgis.

Ciao
Luca
-------- Messaggio Originale --------
Oggetto: 	[Qgis-user] Python Geprocessing Plugin
Data: 	Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:30:54 +0100
Da: 	Düster Horst <Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch>
A: 	qgis-developer at qgis.org, qgis-user at qgis.org
CC: 	horst.duester at freesurf.ch

A new Geoprocressing Python plugin is available in the Python Plugin Repository.

http://spatialserver.net:3001

This plugin  is under developement and offers vector analysis functions for ogr and postgis vector data.

The following functions are available:
 - Buffer
 - Convex Hull
 - Difference A - B
 - Dissolve
 - Intersection

under developement:
 - SymDifference
 - Union

The plugin needs QGIS Rev. 8153 or higher!

The plugin uses the GEOS library. I recommend the use of GEOS-3.0.0.

Unfortunately there are some issues with GEOS. In some cases GEOS throws topology exceptions when you try to dissolve large datasets => QGIS crashes.

I hope that this plugin can be helpful for you and I look forward for your comments and ideas.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef