[Gfoss] Anche la CIA pubblica dati con licenza pd.

Bud P. Bruegger bud a comune.grosseto.it
Ven 29 Ago 2008 16:59:46 CEST

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:21:40 +0200
Maurizio Trevisani <M.Trevisani at arpat.toscana.it> wrote:

> Mi sembra che il CIA Factbook sia di pubblico dominio, ma non sono certo
> che questo implichi che si possa fare un uso assolutamente libero dei
> relativi contenuti.

come lo capisco io e' totalmente libero come e' sempre il caso per
publico dominio.

Dalla FAQ
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/docs/faqs.html

Can I use some or all of The World Factbook for my Web site (book,
research project, homework, etc.)? The World Factbook is in the public
domain and may be used freely by anyone at anytime without seeking
permission. However, US Code prohibits use of the CIA seal in a manner
which implies that the CIA approved, endorsed, or authorized such use.
If you have any questions about your intended use, you should consult
with legal counsel. Further information on The World Factbook's use is
described on the Contributors and Copyright Information page. As a
courtesy, please cite The World Factbook when
used.

La pagina di "Contributors and Copyright Information" aggiunge soltanto:

The Factbook is in the public domain. Accordingly, it may be copied
freely without permission of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
The official seal of the CIA, however, may NOT be copied without
permission as required by the CIA Act of 1949 (50 U.S.C. section
403m).  Misuse of the official seal of the CIA could result in civil
and criminal penalties.

Wikipedia dice di public domain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

The term indicates that these materials are therefore "public
property", and available for anyone to use for any purpose.

Ed e' chiaramente questo significativo, legalmente ben definito, che e'
usato dal CIA

saluti

-b