[Gfoss] [Fwd: [mapserver-users] Large Shape File Performance: Testers wanted!]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini a faunalia.it
Lun 21 Apr 2008 19:53:52 CEST

per chi (come me) si preoccupava di "ma cosa fara' pramsey, ora che ha
lasciato PostGIS?"
:)
se qualcuno puo' fare i tests, ci provi e faccia sapere.
pc

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: [mapserver-users] Large Shape File Performance: Testers wanted!
Data: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:32:24 -0700
Da: Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>

I'm looking for folks comfortable with patching and compiling to test
out a couple speed improvements in shape file access. Please leave
your comments on the ticket, thanks :)

Two performance patches at: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2282

Performance patches radically improved the selective case and
left the un-selective case in reasonable shape.

Definitions of tests:

o Indexed: Render 20 features of 1.8M, using an index scan to only
 pull the features needed from the SHP file.  Tests the selective
data access case.
o Unindexed: Render 20 features of 1.8M, using no index. Forces
bounds from every feature to be read.  Tests the un-selective
data access case

Mapserver 5.0

  Indexed: 164ms
  Unindexed: 990ms

Mapserver SVN + SHX Patch

  Indexed: 48ms
  Unindexed: 1015ms

Mapserver SVN + Bitmap Patch

  Indexed: 143ms
  Unindexed: 975ms

Mapserver SVN + Bitmap Patch + SVN Patch

  Indexed: 28ms
  Unindexed: 991ms