[Gfoss] European GIS Code Sprint

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:58:39 CEST 2007

Dear friends, dear colleagues,
sorry for crossposting.

I would like to draw your attention to the European codesprint page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/European_GIS_Code_Sprint

The code sprint is currently being organized and we trying to estimate
the needs of the developers/users attending and obviously the needs of
organizers (that are not part of the gfoss community and need some
help to do things like we wish them).

We have recently added some information to the wiki and are waiting for
some proposals for accommodation/food packages to supply you with.
Please have a look at the page and feel free to add comments/advices.

For organizing purposes we need that the persons currently defined as
"interested", move one step forward and give some further information,
in order to get an approximate number of people attending the sprint.
Please add or move yourself to the
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/European_GIS_Code_Sprint#Attending_people
section.

Please also take a look and contribute to the wishlist page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/European_GIS_Code_Sprint#What_do_I_need_for_the_sprint.3F_-_wishlist

Regarding the "mapping Sunday" we are not yet sure that this will be
feasible, since we are missing someone with the competences to prepare
this properly. Volunteers are obviously highly appreciated.

For further info we will update the wiki page at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/European_GIS_Code_Sprint
and post just to the osgeo discuss list.

I really hope to see some of you in Merano,
Andrea