[Gfoss] Qgis 0.9.0 preview for Debian Testing (Lenny)

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at faunalia.it
Fri Aug 10 13:20:23 CEST 2007

QGIS 0.9.0 con le binde Python per Debian Lenny!
Qui funziona!

Hello GIS enthusiasts!

After some months of silence the repository debian.gfoss.it is
back with some news. Our target switched from Debian Ethc (now
stable) to Lenny (testing).

We packaged only Qgis with Pyton, because several packages
(Grass, Proj, Ogdi) are already in good shape in Lenny.

We recompiled sip4-qt3 and python-qt4 for Lenny, because we are
so impatient and cannot wait them from unstable.

Qgis was compiled from a SVN checkout dated 2007-08-07, we hope
to make periodic build of Debian packages.

The resulting Debian package is named qgis_0.8.1-3_i386.deb,
because I'm too lazy to figure out what should be the proper name
(something like 0.9.0~svn ...?). Every dependency is satisfied by
our repository and the standard Debian Lenny.

The Debian files are based on the work of Frankie Paolo Lovergine
and hints from Otto Dassau.

As always we are standing on the shoulders of giants: we are not
Offical Debian mantainers. We just hope to provide a quick way to
use this piece of software with the easy of apt-get.

Refer to http://debian.gfoss.it/README

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy