[Gfoss] N:M relations in qgis

Stefano Maffulli stef at maffulli.net
Thu Apr 19 19:59:23 CEST 2007

Scusate il post in inglese, ma mi ci sono appena imbattuto ed ero in
irc ... copio-incollo :)

I have found a possible bug in qgis 0.8.0 on Windows ... don't know if
it's known:

I have postgis tables with n:m relations
I have splitted them, and loaded in qgis as views
I have also added a unique column so that qgis doesn't complain loading
them
the problem is that when I click on the geographic features, the m
column is not shown properly

Let me try to explain this in another term:

 I have a building that can have multiple damages
 the pgis view is made of uniqueINT4 | id_building | damage_Type
 so, for example I have records like

 1 | 001 | foundation_leak | geom
 2 | 001 | roof_leak | geom

 the geometrical info are linked to id_building

 when I click with the identify tool on the building 001 qgis shows
correctly the info window with 2 results, same GID.  But in the
damage_type the information shown is the same for both features.
Basically, the two elements shown have identical attributes, but the
view being queried doesn't.

È un problema banale o vale la pena che scriva anche a qgis-devel?

thanks
stef