[Gfoss] Help per WFS e WMS in Qgis 0.8

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Mon Nov 13 10:17:58 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 05:32:00PM -0500, Steve Halasz wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 10:23 +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > I think it's time to move qgis under team umbrella and update to the latest
> > tree available.
>
> I'm currently going through the new maintainer process. It was my
> intention to move it to team maintenance once that was done. But I'll
> look at moving it to team maintenance sooner if my AM says it won't
> affect the NM process.

That could be useful before etch to have stable qgis bug-returns to
the list. You would be along Uploaders, so useful for your NM process.

> > My own position is that 0.8 is far from being currently
> > stable enough for etch. But I think we have no other choice. The package
> > also apparently need a bit of care currently.
>
> I agree that 0.8 isn't ready for Etch. We've recently hired somebody to
> focus on bug fixing in the hopes of producing a release soon though. It
> also needs to produce a debian package for each included
> library(libqgis_core, libqgis_gui, etc.) You think we have no choice but
> to push 0.8 for Etch? Why?

I would avoid new packages (indeed all libs are used only by qgis, aren't they?
generally speaking having separate libs are useful for developement, I
don't know is qgis plugins could be useful in the near future).
I minimally would like to see a recent svn branch in etch. The current
branch is more an entry in Packages.gz than a useful package for users :)

> > Steve? Do you have time for updating sid package?
>
> Yes. I don't know Italian. Is the problem that WMS support is not
> included/broken?
>
> Steve

It seems so.

--