[Gfoss] v.in.dxf: report
cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 5 14:53:28 CEST 2006
We tested latest v.in.dxf (CVS 2006.04.05). A few notes:
- dxf R14 and 2000 are correctly imported
- we found problems with R12, but it may be a local problem (possibly a
- by default, all layers are imported at once, but it is possible to choose
- qgis can open the vector; what is unconvenient, however, is that each layer
has to be opened by hand (68 layers in our case!)
- TclTk GUI cannot visualize them (?)
So far so good.
What would be useful now would be a way of consistently giving the same
characteristics (visibility, colour, thickness, etc.) to the same layers
across multiple maps, and loading them at once. Without this it is very
time-consuming to use it in real applications.
Overall, great results! Now CAD is no longer a far away world.
See a couple of screenshots:
email+jabber: cavallini at faunalia.it
Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy Tel: (+39)348-3801953
More information about the Gfoss